Enforcing Codes and Regulations in your Building or Rental

If you are unsure about mold issues in your building or home and your landlord refuses to take responsibility towards remediating the problem, you do have options.  Contact your local board of health or housing authority. Health codes fall under state and local, not federal jurisdiction. Contact your state or county health department in order to read up on local codes and regulation in order to know your legal rights.

More information available at Center for Disease Control.